“Stronger Together”- Advanced Transplant Coordinators' Workshop
MOHAN Foundation in association with Network and Alliance of Transplant Coordinators (NATCO) organized an Advanced Transplant Coordinators’ Workshop titled “Stronger Together” on April 1, 2022, at Four Point Sheraton Hotel in New Delhi. The Workshop was supported by the SBI Foundation & SBI Card, Milaap and Transplants Help the Poor Foundation.
The workshop included the following sessions addressed by eminent faculty from India, Iran and UAE:
- Xeno Transplantation- Recent heart transplant and its implications
- Incentives in organ donation
- Islam and organ donation - Global perspectives (including India)
- Building team India's participation - Indian Transplant Games, World Transplant Games 2023, NGO effort
- Starting a transplant program in an emerging region- Challenges and rewards
- NABH & JCI policy standards for transplantation
- Directed deceased donation
As part of the workshop, panel discussions on initiating a program in emerging regions, challenges in implementation, independent donor advocacy, maintaining standards and overall impact of transplantation programs were also conducted.
- Copyright © 2021. Published by MOHAN Foundation
- Keywords: NATCO, Stronger Together, Milaap, Transplants Help the Poor Foundation, Xeno Transplantation, NABH & JCI policy standards