Commonwealth Tribute to Life Project
On the Commonwealth Day, which falls on 14th March 2022, we will witness the launch of an important initiative on organ donation and transplantation for the commonwealth nations entitled Tribute to Life. The 54 commonwealth countries are home for about 2.6 billion people which represents one-third of the world population.
The objective of this voluntary initiative is sharing of knowledge and expertise to promote ethical organ and tissue donation and transplantation, regardless of transplant infra-structure, for the benefit of all Commonwealth citizens. These benefits include -
1. Gaining of knowledge through the sharing of guidelines, protocols, teaching material, mentorship and training via self-funded sabbatical.
2. Supporting progress in those nations where organ transplantation is well established, but where there is continued unmet need in more ethnically diverse communities
3. Exploring the potential for commencing transplantation in countries where it does not exist
4. Encouraging Commonwealth citizens to participate in activities related to their country of historical origin, and also share with them success stories from their country of origin
5. Protecting vulnerable Commonwealth citizens against illegal and unethical transplantation
6. Saving and transforming the lives of thousands of patients
The initiative is open to members of commonwealth countries and one can join as Country Representative, Senior Clinicians from Commonwealth Country in the field, Medical Society with interest in organ donation and transplantation or Paramedical Coordinator - with interest in organ donation and transplantation - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJBK5dfgys2qwxC6c-0uc2wWkzFH-CyBzrstczjHDs-o8HxQ/viewform
- Copyright © 2021. Published by MOHAN Foundation
- Keywords: Commonwealth Tribute, Medical Society, Organ Donation, Transplantation, Paramedical Coordinator, MOHAN Foundation