International Tissue Banking Workshop held in Jaipur
An International Tissue Banking Workshop was hosted by MOHAN Foundation and Navjeevan-MFJCF team in Jaipur on Monday, 28 November 2016. Looking into the need for Tissue Banking in Rajasthan, the workshop addressed all the queries related to establishment, processing and maintaining standards of a Tissue Bank. 48 doctors and others attended the workshop. The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. U. S. Agrawal, Principal SMS Medical College and Affiliated Hospitals. After the traditional lighting of the lamp, Mrs. Bhavna Jagwani, Convenor, MFJCF, welcomed the esteemed guests, speakers and panelists. Dr. Sunil Shroff, Managing Trustee, MOHAN Foundation elaborated on the need for a Tissue Bank in Rajasthan. The experts who participated were –
1. Dr. Akila Chandrasekar, Consultant in Transfusion Medicine in NHSBT, Fellow of Royal College of Pathologists, past Chair of the British Association for Tissue Banking Clinical Special Interest Group from 2006-2009 and member Specialist advisory Committee for Care and Selection of Donors in 2010.
2. Dr. Ajoy SM, Dip in Tissue Banking (Barcelona), Department of Orthopaedics, M S Ramaiah Medical College and Hospitals, QCO M S Ramaiah Tissue Bank.
3. Dr. Swati Tomar, Corneal surgeon and Medical Director, Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan.
Dr. Akila Chandrasekar spoke on ‘Requirements to Establish Tissue bank, Tissue processing & Maintaining Standards.’ The session ended with a Panel Discussion – Establishing a State of the Art Tissue Bank in Rajasthan moderated by Dr. Manish Sharma, Nodal Officer, Rajasthan Network for Organ Sharing.
- Copyright © 2020. Published by MOHAN Foundation
- Keywords: Tissue bank,ITN, Transplant, Jaipur