Indian Organ Donation Day - MOHAN Foundation felicitated by NOTTO on 7th Indian Organ Donation Day
NOTTO (National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organisation) celebrated the 7th Indian Organ Donation Day on November 30, 2016 at the Constitution Club of India at Rafi Marg, New Delhi. Representatives from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, various hospitals (both private and government), NGOs, families of organ donors, recipients, media persons etc. attended the event.
Dr. Vimal Bhandari, Director, NOTTO welcomed the guests at the event. Bollywood Star, Mr. Randeep Hooda was the Guest of Honour for the event. He pledged to donate his organs and encouraged everyone present to do the same for the greater good of society. The Chief Guest, Mr. J. P. Nadda, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, lauded the efforts of the NGOs across the country working in this area and promised government support to these organisations in their effort to generate awareness and meet the needs of those waiting for transplants. At the event, NOTTO felicitated individuals and organisations that have made significant contributions to the field of organ donation.
MOHAN Foundation was felicitated as an NGO that has made great contribution in this area. Ms. Pallavi Kumar, Executive Director Delhi NCR and Dr. Muneet Sahi, Programme Manager received the award on behalf of the Foundation.
Other felicitations included –
- Felicitation of Best State – Tamil Nadu
- All-India recognition award for deceased organ donation programme – Maharashtra
- Felicitation of Best Hospital – Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune
- Felicitation of Best Transplant Coordinator – S. Senthil Kumar, Tamil Nadu, Second prize – Mrs. Surekha Joshi, Pune
- Felicitation of emerging states – Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan
- Felicitation of donor families – Two Mumbai teenagers Vaibhav and Ravi Sanghvi, who donated their mother’s organs, were among the donor families who were felicitated.
- Copyright ©2018. Published by MOHAN Foundation
- Keywords: Organ donation day,ITN, Transplant