Indian Transplant Newsletter. Vol. VII Issue No.22/23. Feb 2006 - June 2006
You can help us make the Gift of Life
Indian Transplant Newsletter.
Vol. VII Issue No.22/23. Feb 2006 - June 2006
Print ISSN 0972 - 1568
Organ transplantation has been one of the greatest advances of modern science that has resulted in many dying patients getting a new lease of life. However, transplantation would not be possible but for organ donation.
MOHAN Foundation is spearheading an initaiative to set up a pilot project in ten well established hospitals in India that have the infrastructure and stadd to support multi organ donation and transplantation activity (this is a 35AC approved project for Rs 1.97 crores). This pilot project will enable the cadaver programme top gain momentum. It would help in achieving the following goals:
- Accelerate multi - organ donation and transplatation activity (All organs - heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, eyes, etc) in India and make sure that no organs are waste
- Create a knowledge and trained manpower base that would be utilised for similar projects in other hospitals in the future.
- Learn the requirement for such projects in other hospitals in the network
- Create a computerised nation-wide registry so that the same model can be replicated by others in the future.
- Copyright © 2023. Published by MOHAN Foundation
- Keywords: Help, Make, Gift of life